- winner of 15 awards including the E.B. White Read Aloud Honor. The E.B. White Read Aloud Honor books reflect the universal read aloud standards that were created by the work of the author E.B. White. “Possible criteria for a great “Read Aloud” title include dynamic writing, engaging themes, and universal appeal. In the case of picture books, the relationship between writing and illustration should be strong, and the structure of the book should build an enjoyable sense of anticipation.” (http://www.bookweb.org/membership/ABC/EBWhitefaqs)
Otoshi, K. (2008). One. Mill Valley, CA: Distributed by Group West.
- Red picks on Blue and the other colors do not know what to do. Then One takes a stand and shows the others how to stand up.
- Counting book/Fiction
- Readers learning about colors and counting would like this book. Also, readers learning about the power of one would enjoy this book.
- 4/4. I think this book deserves all its awards because it very creatively teaches colors, numbers, and teaches an important lesson-standing up for others and not being afraid to be the only one.
- What happens when One decides to take a stand?