- The Pain and the Great One
- Blume, J. (1974). The pain and the great one. New York, NY: Bantam Doubleday Dell Books for Young Readers.
- The older sister thinks her little brother is a pain and the little brother thinks his sister thinks she is so great. They are both jealous of each other and think the other is the parents favorite but realize how much the other means to them.
- Contemporary realistic fiction
- Readers who are learning about jealousy and assumptions would like this book.
- 4/4. This book would be a good resource for teaching students about getting along and is comical in doing so.
- Why does the older sister think her brother is a pain?